Power Platform Custom Connectors and Office 365 Forms Options Full Day Workshop
In this full day workshop we will spend the morning focused on custom connectors for Power Apps, Flow, and Logic Apps, and switch to Office 365 forms options for the afternoon.
- Full details and lab links at Developing Custom Connectors for the Microsoft Power Platform
- What, why, and how of custom connectors for the Power Platform (Power Apps, Flow, and Logic Apps)
- Walk-through of how to create your own custom connector, using the Yelp Fusion API as an example. Full details of the walk-through are available at https://www.extranetusermanager.com/resources/articles/developing-custom-connectors-for-the-microsoft-power-platform.
- Building a simple Power Apps App to leverage the Yelp Custom Connector
- Creating a custom connector for your LOB API
- What is Swagger and how does it help?
- Custom actions
- Triggers using web hooks
- Leveraging the connector in a Microsoft Flow or Logic App
- Full details and lab links at Electronic Forms and Alternative SharePoint App Approaches
- Forms background questions
- Who is building the forms – power users, citizen developers, or full-stack developers?
- Are they targeted to internal, external, or anonymous users?
- What are the forms integrating with, and what are the privacy and security requirements?
- Office 365 forms options
- Microsoft Forms and Forms Pro
- Adaptive cards with input forms
- Power Apps forms and apps
- An SPFx and React form that dynamically generates its fields based on a SharePoint content type
- An interactive, responsive HTML form built with Bootstrap and standard HTML 5 that posts to a Flow workflow
Resources referenced in this session include the following:
- Adaptive Cards Outlook Actionable Messages Lab Notes
- Developing Custom Connectors for the Microsoft Power Platform
- Site Provisioning Whitepaper
- Responsive HTML Form Lab Notes