Web Content Management in SharePoint 2010 and 2013
On September 27th I delivered a seminar at Microsoft with a simultaneous live webinar on Web Content Management in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.
We explored what's new for SharePoint 2013, particularly as it applies to Web Content Management and upgrading to the new platform from SharePoint 2010. Some of the exciting features demonstrated were:
- Design Manager - Build and manage your branding with any web design tool
- Channels - Tailor your content to the device or browser
- Managed Navigation
- Customizing search with HTML display templates
- The new Content Search Web Part
- Image Renditions - Manage your web-friendly images through the browser
- Cross-Site Publishing - Share your content between Intranet and public web site
- SEO and Analytics Enhancements
- Improved content author user experience
We also looked into enhancing the experience in both 2010 and 2013 with our Digital Marketing Suite, Microsoft’s exciting announcements around Azure Media Services and SharePoint on Azure, and how you upgrade your 2010 publishing sites to SharePoint 2013.
You can view the presentations and videos from the link below: