SharePoint has become mission critical, complex, and wide-ranging in most enterprises. How do we apply the best practices of ALM in this environment? In this session I cover the following:
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager and AutoSPInstall to quickly provision dev, test, and production farms by leveraging HyperV
- Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server to manage an Agile Scrum team
- Build servers and automated testing to create a continuous integration environment
- Moving code and content in both directions through a dev/test/prod lifecycle
- How to capture as much of the SharePoint configuration in components that can be deployed, rather than manual steps
The goal is to build a change management process that merges the content authored in production with the code written in development effectively.
- How to create an environment to support your SharePoint Development and QA teams
- Agile and continuous integration in a SharePoint environment
- The value of automated testing
- Provisioning of test environments through SCVMM
- Live automated build and test scenario
The Application Lifecycle Management for SharePoint in the Enterprise deck is available for download.
Details on session dates can be found at www.envisionit.com/Training/Pages/Seminar-2012-02-Application-Lifecycle-Management-for-SharePoint-in-the-Enterprise.aspx.