Teams and Office 365 External Users - Unstructured and Structured
Teams and Office 365 external sharing is all about publishing or collaborating with people outside of your organization. Users will find ways to do it with or without IT support (typically through email or shadow IT), so it's important for IT to provide an easy way for them to do it effectively and securely.
Sharing can be done in a number of different ways. Unstructured sharing to a small set of external users works well with the OOTB SharePoint features. External users can also be invited in as full Microsoft Teams guests for collaboration. As the scale increases, structured sharing with a large number of external users needs alternatives such as Azure AD B2B, custom code or third party solutions. We'll discuss options available and what makes sense where using real world examples.
In this session we will cover both configuring sharing appropriately, and the user experience for both content sharers and recipients. We'll go through a number of different scenarios.
- External sharing in Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint Online
- Azure AD B2B (Business to Business)
- Custom and third party options leveraging the Graph API
- Microsoft's new Entitlement Management portal's Access Packages for external users
We'll also touch on how to leverage Microsoft's security stack to improve the security of your Office 365 Extranet.
- Azure Active Directory Premium P1 and P2
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection
- Azure Information Protection P1 and P2
- Azure Rights Management
- Azure Multi-Factor Authentication